Monday, April 25, 2011

GOOD DAY!


Just wanted to let you know I went in to school today and at 8 AM I had the sweetest Japanese born substitute come into my class. Yes, I had a substitute! But she had such a nice attitude and she shared a little bit of her life her stories were great to listen to. She had no idea until I explained to her why I was staying the room, that she was basically in my room to "babysit" me while I taught to make sure I didn't do anything wrong because I didn't have my "New" fingerprint clearance yet.
Well I taught my classes this morning and low and behold when my sixth graders came in so did the Principal and I realized she wasn't just in there to say hi, but to do an observation! First day back after 2 weeks off from my ordeal and sick leave and I get observed without notice. WOW!

NO SWEAT! I wasn't too concerned because I had a lesson all planned out that was fun and engaging for all students and we had a good time. Of course I read her review later and it was good.
After the morning classes I worked it out with the little Japanese lady to teach the afternoon classes, because she really wanted to teach a fun Japanese song. She said I needed to rest...how sweet! So I was all for it and let her do it. She is not a musician but she did a wonderful job, poor thing was on the spot in front of me....

Well, things seem to be going my way , Instead of a bad day, I had a wonderful day even though I knew I would be short money in my next paycheck and all my sick days are all gone, medical bills already coming in the mail.... But that is OK because the kids were excited to see me back. But here is the kicker...at lunch the Administrative Assistant (formerly known as a Secretary) said she got a phone call from the district office and they said that my fingerprints had cleared and I will not need the sub anymore. Although when I went home and I did not get my personal fingerprint card in the mail yet, But it doesn't matter as long as the district has cleared me! Woohoo! I still have fingerprints.......

It's been a Good Day.♪♪♫♫
Eva

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Love you Grandma!

Chelley said...

Yay for a good day!!!

Julie said...

Yay! :)

music lady said...

Fingerprint card came the next day in the mail.