Just another thought from the Music Lady.....
I Love America. It is a choice land. We read in 2 Nephi 2:5
Immigrants Looking from ship deck at the Statue of Liberty (Not Us)
This is Not my family, but it sure could have been. I have this photo in one of my music books at school and when I play the music that goes with the picture it always brings back memories and tears of that October 31,1953 morning. I was about the size of that child and my dad loves wearing a cap like that man and mom wore a scarf on the ship because it was always windy.
The Real Immigrants? YES!
I Love America. It is a choice land. We read in 2 Nephi 2:5"But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands: a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also (*** and this was always my parents and my favorite part)....
all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord."
Just study the rest of that chapter and you will know this is a choice land and that we need to work hard to keep it that way.
Have a Wonderful 4th of July Week!
I wish I could play for you all my favorite patriotic songs and show you all my powerpoints, but it is not possible, so get out your CDs and listen to some patriotic music in your homes and do some
activities with your families this week that show your love for freedom.
A view from inside a ship looking out... (Not Our Ship)
Immigrants Looking from ship deck at the Statue of Liberty (Not Us)
This is Not my family, but it sure could have been. I have this photo in one of my music books at school and when I play the music that goes with the picture it always brings back memories and tears of that October 31,1953 morning. I was about the size of that child and my dad loves wearing a cap like that man and mom wore a scarf on the ship because it was always windy.
The Real Immigrants? YES!(I am the little one, see it could have been me in the above picture!?!)
The Real Ship! "The Grote Baer"
The Real Ship! "The Grote Baer" (see the widows at just above sea level? Put yourself looking out one of those windows)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
***All pictures with the exception of my family pictures were downloaded from the internet.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
***All pictures with the exception of my family pictures were downloaded from the internet.




2 comments:
I can totaly picture you and your mom and dad being the ones in that photo. I love all those photo's. But of course I love the family photo's the best.
I am grateful for our country but maybe not as much as you are!!
I am very glad you arrived in America safely (well i think you arrived safely). I can definitely picture myself in a boat looking through the windows. Must of been kind of nerve-racking.
God Bless America
Post a Comment