Opener Music ...Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"


I Miss those days! People don't seem to pay for live music any more.
For the past three days I've been occupied with writing music notes in my "Finale" music writing program so that when I have finished putting in all the notes and markings I can use that to make an audio accompaniment CD. I am going to play along with the accompaniment for a wedding reception for Stephanie Allen, who is a daughter of my dear music friend Linda Allen. Steph took lessons from me all her junior and high school days and plays beautifully on the violin. Linda plays marvelously on the piano when we play all together. Unfortunately at the Wright House where the reception is, there is no piano, so.... I am creating my own accompaniment. I do have written music I am arranging from. On this "You tube" segment you will see the composer and his favorite guitar player and he will tell you a little about why he wrote the music and a little bit how this piece was used for the"Civil War TV series".
My arrangement is a little different. I have a harp background for the first two verses and then I added strings just like we used to play at weddings. I do prefer to play live with a group on the violin and if I had all the other players it would be grand, but it will be just me and the accompaniment CD for this Father-Daughter dance.
The process got a little involved because I had to re-download programs onto my new computer that I am having so much fun with.(Thanks guys), and it is very time consuming. It is a good thing it is summer!
I think tonight I have finally got the right tempo and got many of the kinks out. It is not perfect, but I must say I am getting better. I actually want to make an accompaniment to an old song for a 1st grade school program called "Washington and Lincoln"
Just click on the link (I hope it works) and get a feel for the music ... can you just see Stephanie and her Dad start the dance and as each verse comes around they will probably add more people until the dance floor is full. I have made a total of 4 verses and it lasts about 51/2 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6dxrhqPZY&feature=related
For the past three days I've been occupied with writing music notes in my "Finale" music writing program so that when I have finished putting in all the notes and markings I can use that to make an audio accompaniment CD. I am going to play along with the accompaniment for a wedding reception for Stephanie Allen, who is a daughter of my dear music friend Linda Allen. Steph took lessons from me all her junior and high school days and plays beautifully on the violin. Linda plays marvelously on the piano when we play all together. Unfortunately at the Wright House where the reception is, there is no piano, so.... I am creating my own accompaniment. I do have written music I am arranging from. On this "You tube" segment you will see the composer and his favorite guitar player and he will tell you a little about why he wrote the music and a little bit how this piece was used for the"Civil War TV series".
My arrangement is a little different. I have a harp background for the first two verses and then I added strings just like we used to play at weddings. I do prefer to play live with a group on the violin and if I had all the other players it would be grand, but it will be just me and the accompaniment CD for this Father-Daughter dance.
The process got a little involved because I had to re-download programs onto my new computer that I am having so much fun with.(Thanks guys), and it is very time consuming. It is a good thing it is summer!
I think tonight I have finally got the right tempo and got many of the kinks out. It is not perfect, but I must say I am getting better. I actually want to make an accompaniment to an old song for a 1st grade school program called "Washington and Lincoln"
Just click on the link (I hope it works) and get a feel for the music ... can you just see Stephanie and her Dad start the dance and as each verse comes around they will probably add more people until the dance floor is full. I have made a total of 4 verses and it lasts about 51/2 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6dxrhqPZY&feature=related




3 comments:
I used to love watching you guys play and being a food gatherer for my dad. :)
The food was usualy good wasn't it?!
It was good to a kid!! I enjoyed watching and listening as well. I love how a group of my family and friends could get together and turn out such beautiful music. I hope my kids will be able to sit down together with you, Bryan and maybe some cousins and Kirk and play one day! I love it!
Post a Comment