Wednesday July 22nd, 3 of my 4 granddaughters (we miss Spohie!) came and spent some grandma time with me. First we went shopping at Target to find cute kitchen towels to make aprons and then went to Joann's and ended up at Walmart where they were having so much fun filling up grandma's riding cart with stuff to eat and bake. The girls are pictured here giggling over the funny cards they picked up and read in the card section of the store..At teh Deli we picked out different kinds of baked and fried chicken mashed potatoes and came home and made mac and cheese. They enjoyed the variety and were starving but quickly filled up.
We forgot thread so we ended up going back out to Joann's (Jenna thought we were going to her Aunt's house...LOL. We ended up going to Dairy Queen for some blizzards.
When we got home we made one apron for Jenna, but by this time it was so late we decided to watch "Annie" the musical movie which they all enjoyed but agreed that their brothers probably wouldn't have enjoyed it. We then went to my room and we opened up pictures of our family and lots of baby pictures.
Then I decided that it was time to show them how much fun it was to do family history indexing for the church. They all enjoyed it, but I can see this is probably a project that is better for the older ones. Jenna who can barely read did a good job but was rather slow because her typin gskills are hunt and peck. Layna was faster at it but needs more time to perfect the process and then Kaitlyn got the swing of it fairly well and was typing away. I am sure at this age they could already be of help. Our families ought to all try doing this once in a while. It is not hard,, it just takes a little bit of your time instead of facebook or playin games. The girls even helped me figure out some names that were hard to read. When the people did these old records they must have gotten tired at times and wrote a little on the sloppy side making the writing unreadable. Mind you during this whole process I was supervising what they were entering the whole time because I wanted to send it in completed. After a time they wanted to go play so I stayed and finished the 50 names. At teh end of entereing the data the computere takes you through a quality check and it looked good so off it went back to "Head quarters" ... Famiuly History Cyber space???
In the mean time the girls started to play some secret agent game and they got themselves a bit scared which made it hard for them to settle down to go to sleep. So then I decided to do the tried and true, "tell a story about your life" trick. After about 2 short stories about when I was a little girl Jenna was asleep. (what she heard she remember!) It took Kaitlyn a few more stories and her eyes went down. But there was Layna, big buggy eyes, wow tell me more! So I told a few more but I got softer, finally she wanted to settle in, but we had to turn most of the lights off before she zonked out. Yes it was late!!! I won't reveal teh time it was at this point. So we slept in until after 9:30 AM. WOW!
For breakfast we made waffle-pancakes. Oops for the butter and syrup in the picture.......




5 comments:
Next time we need to do a grandma mom and grand daughter day!!
I use the nestle toll house cookie recipe but I use Milk Chocholate Morcels...Jeremy wouldnt eat them with the semi sweet and now I prefer the milk chocholate myself. I think it makes a difference. Milk Chocholate are harder to find and they don't carry them. I also love them with pecans in them...yum. But yours were still good. They are all gone at least here at my house!!
I meant stores don't carry as many milk chocholate as semi sweet.
funny ... Jenna had milk chocolate in her hands at first then she had mint and finally semi-sweet.
Yah I've made them with milk chocolate before sooo ... next time!
I really don't like that recipe too much, we need to find another one.
but, if they are all gone then it must be OK
I know they all had a good time cuz they were talking aobut it forever when they got home lol. Those cookies were really good with milk, they just melted in my mouth. Mmmmmmm......
What fun! Reading this got me a little teary eyed. I loved reading about all the fun things the girls got to do w/their grandma. They will remember it forever.
Try that same recipe but w/butter flavored shortening instead of butter. It makes a huge difference and to me they taste 10 x's better!
Post a Comment