I went to church today just like any ordinary Fast Sunday, but the events of the past would come to make our church a very spiritual meeting.
The opening Hymn I picked for today was “I Believe in Christ”
1. I believe in Christ; he is my King!
With all my heart to him I’ll sing;
I’ll raise my voice in praise and joy,
In grand amens my tongue employ.
I believe in Christ; he is God’s Son.
On earth to dwell his soul did come.
He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
Good works were his; his name be praised.
2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!
As Mary’s Son he came to reign
’Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
To save them from the woes of sin.
I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
Who did gain all his Father hath,
Who said to men: “Come, follow me,
That ye, my friends, with God may be.”
3. I believe in Christ—my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod.
I’ll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
From Satan’s grasp he sets me free,
And I shall live with joy and love
In his eternal courts above.
4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I’ll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men.
Text: Bruce R. McConkie, 1915–1985. © 1972 IRI
Music: John Longhurst, b. 1940. © 1985 IRI
(I was recalling the event of Thursday night in my house)
So we sang the sacrament hymn, partook of the Sacrament and then Brother Turley bore his testimony. He talked about a man that was lame and Darren had many times watched him as he struggled to get to his destination. He talked about the Savior healing the sick and he wondered why he couldn’t just stop and give him a blessing to get well.
A few people came up to bear their testimonies and the event of Thursday evening kept making me want to get up and share. Finally close to the end of the bearing of testimony time I had collected my thought enough too share and I said something in this fashion.
Coming to church today I had no intention of bearing my testimony.
As we were singing the opening hymn, “I believe in Christ: (which is one of my favorite hymns) I became to realize again what a powerful testimony this Hymn really is and when we came to the third verse I got all choked up…
My feet he plants on gospel sod,
I’ll worship him with all my might;
He is the source of truth and light.
I am so thankful that I can stand here in two feet.
On Thursday evening I had a school concert and I came home to gather up some revised programs and last minute details and I was in a hurry scurrying around the house gathering everything. As I entered my bedroom I didn’t see the slick newspaper-ad on the floor and my bad leg caught it just right and I could feel myself flying to the floor. Oh the memories of falling and breaking bones and tearing myself up rushed through my mind… within seconds I was on the floor in the most excruciating pain. The next thing I thought of was No, No I have a concert in a little over an hour and now look what I have done to myself! Realizing I was all alone and I couldn’t move because of the pain and I had no phone close to me, I did the only thing that I knew how to do when I feel all alone and that was to prayed to my Father in Heaven. Somehow I felt the strength come to me to pull myself over to the bed and pull myself up. I cleaned up my face and hair All the while I was still praying and thanking Heavenly Father for the strength to go on. Still shaking I went to school and put on a fantastic concert. Just a few people knew I was in pain, but I put on a smile and I even played the fiddle music with the girls and made my bow fly through the pain.
After the concert was over some of the teachers and families who knew I had a big bruised knee were there at the very end, helped me put all the equipment back into my room. The librarian and her friend were even taking stuff to my car.
I just know that when we have faith in our Heavenly Father and in His Son Jesus Christ we can do anything. And this time I believe with having Faith in a loving Heavenly Father that he came to my aide.
I am so thankful that I have the gospel in my life and that I know that when I am all alone that Heavenly Father and our Savior are there to help us. Not just with the physical but also with all the problems we encounter. And no matter how we feel about our selves, He is always there for us.
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: “Ye shall obtain.”
I don’t remember what else I said, but I know it was felt by the spirit by many people because one sister kept referring to faith and blessings in her Relief Society lesson
After my testimony another young man came up and talked about the hymn and how it helped him on his mission and how when we have small experiences we need to share them more often.
I feel really bad that at other times I just pushed the promptings away to bear my testimony.
OK, so now I am doing better but I have my whole left knee bruised and part of my leg, my backside still hurts a bit and my bow arm hurts but all this pain too shall pass.
I do know and feel deep down inside myself that I had my prayer answered on the spot, that I didn’t break any bones and I could continue with the program and had the spirit of peace.




2 comments:
I had no idea you had fallen and were in so much pain! I am sorry that it happened, but I am glad you have so much faith that you were able to call on Him for help. I hope the pain passes quickly!!
I too had no idea that you fell! I hope you will be feeling better soon. I love you a lot! If you need anything be sure to give me a call.
Post a Comment