Just a quick comment on a sleepy Sunday afternoon when I'd rather be resting my head.
Today in Sacrament Meeting the Bishopric gave talks our church's "Family Proclamation." Each talk was excellent and of the course the music fit right in. the spirit could be felt by everyone. Today everyone was singing so much better. Who knows maybe the talk I gave last week gave people the inspiration to sing better, or rather more with their heart. For the closing hymn we sang "Families Can be Together Forever." As we were singing I could hear the most precious little but loud voice singing with such clarity,
"I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan .
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can."
There on the right side of me in one of the front pews sat the Porter family and little Eden was just smiling with the biggest smile and singing from her heart with such a clear sweet child, but, loud voice. Her Mom and Dad were smiling and singing proudly too. What a sweetie.
I am glad I have a family here on earth and some that have already passed on. I want to spend my eternity with such special people!
Love you all,
Mom (Eva)
Lake Powell 2014
12 years ago




4 comments:
Today we had a "missionary farewell". One of the young men visitors was singing beautiful and loud and gave me goosebumps.
Eva, I'm glad the singing is going good there. they don't sing very loud and with the heart in Texas eather, it is sad. I wish I was there to hear your talk.
mmiss you
hugs
We had ward conference today, our Bishop spoke and he did a great job. Our Stake Pres was good, just a bit more boring. That is hard cause Bryan was home with Connor so I had to deal with Alex and Jenna by myself. They got bored during the SP's talk too. Bored= restless= cranky kids= cranky mom. Then we had practice for the primary program. I was so glad when we went home!
I am glad you told us your story. We love you too!
Eva, it was so fun to see your comment on my blog and to be able to read some of your blog entries. They brought back fun memories of girls camp at LoMia, playing in your church orchestras and YW presidency meetings and activities. Thank you for your friendship and all you taught me growing up. I'm glad that we now have a way to stay more connected! Love, Beth
Post a Comment