Sunday, November 2, 2008

My thoughts for the day

Families should work together. Do things together with love. Help each other especially during the hard times. Pay your tithing and serve the Lord, Raise your children in the gospel... these are the messages I basically received from going to the Arizona Regional "Stake Conference" today. I loved Brother Packard's reminiscing about his visit to Arizona. He also urged us all to "vote" for what will keep family and marriage sacred! Go and Vote on Tuesday!!!!

We are having a "voting place" at our school. Of course I have to go to another polling place but that is OK. I will even park somewhere else for the day. I will give up my handicap parking spot for those that may need it because the entrance for the voting is in the parking lot by my room where I normally park. I hope to see many people out voting. The kids at our school will be "voting" in a kids vote. I think I will sing patriotic songs that day at school. I have lots of Power Points to use for that purpose too. I may even find a Tabernacle Choir video rendition of a patriotic song too. (Any suggestions?? Battle Hymn? anyone have a video?)

I hope all my voting children will go out and vote. Lucy has already done so by early voting ballot. She did good! I hope all my friends VOTE too! I love you all!

KEEP AMERICA FREE!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I will be voting!!

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend this powerful video for your children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp5j9wuywUU

God Bless America! - MoSop

Anonymous said...

Here are a couple of other awesome links for you:

Battle Hymn (from tour):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmTWVJ_pXBk

Tribute to the Military
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLo8tfBflk