Well for the last three weeks I taught all together 8 children to play fiddle music and just have a fun time playing their stringed instruments. It was with the help an encouragement of my daughter Leslie that I took on this project. I taught them some technique and theory. I helped them play better in tune and helped them with their bowing. We played some musical games, but mostly we played lots of music, both serious and fun fiddle tunes and had lots of fun doing it.
We played Simple Gifts, Ode to Joy as some classical type of music and then I Am a Child of God and the fiddle tunes, Boil Them Cabbage Down, Mama Don't Allow, Rocky Top, Old Joe Clark and Cripple Creek.
If we do this next year I can make "them tunes harder."
I sure had a lot of fun teaching them!
What a Totally Fun time we all had! Well at least I know I DID!
What a Totally Fun time we all had! Well at least I know I DID!




3 comments:
Thank you, again, for doing this! Rylie loved going every day. I know that it helped her alot, too!
Thanks for teaching the kids this summer. They really enjoyed playing and it helped sharpen their skills this summer. I am hoping it helps them going into next year too!
I like this,please visite my blog.
Cooking For Two
http://wangdu781109.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment