Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 09

SSE Chorus Patriotic program "American We"


I guess I had better write a few words on my blog. November has come and gone, but of course I started the month of November being extremely sick and coughed, and I didn't feel good all month. I did however put on two good patriotic show with my school choir and at our Boulder Creek Christmas Chorale we did a fantastic job. I think I have an outstanding ward choir! We also sang four times in the Month of November.

This month of December has been filled with music. I either played music or attend musical performances. One fun thing was to play with Kirk, Bryan, Jon, even Gerry and then a friend of Bryan and Michelle's on the piano at a Dinner for the Alta Vista Stake Singles. As of this date in our family besides Jon we have two more budding violinists and two budding cellists. Of course I have to miss their concert because it is the same night of my chorus concert. Had I known earlier in the year I would have changed my date!

I am so thank for beautiful music in my life! Sometimes it seems that is all I do... write out parts for the string, figure out what songs to sing for the programs and think music all day, even teach music all day to the kids at school. I love to see them become involved and enjoy music.

My whole Christmas program for church is based on the theme that Christmas music is a prayer of thankfulness. The angels sang praises of hosannas at the birth of our Savior. Christmas Hymns and Carols tell the story of the birth as well as the scriptures. And let me retell a quote... Music prepares us to get closer to the spirit, it speaks to the soul and prepares us for the messages of truth.

I am always thankful I have been blessed with music talent and I always want to share as long as I can that talent with others to uplift them and bring them joy and a little closer to heaven, especially this time of the year.

Gotta go and write out more parts for the Strings for the church program.....

2 comments:

Chelley said...

I have always been amazed at your talent. Just the other day Jonathan was commenting that it's amazing how you can make arrangements for all these other instruments and make them sound so good. Thank you for sharing your talents with us all but I am most thankful for your sharing them with my kids. They all love music and can't wait to be in 4th grade to play and when they finally are in 4th grade, they want to be good enough to play in the "big leagues" with you!

Jonathan said...

grandma you are just awesome!!