Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cathi's Funeral


We had the funeral for Cathi Aubuchon on Friday morning. It was fun to see so many of her co-workers and friends and 6oth ward members and Bryan and Jonathan also came. It was a beautiful service. I couldn't believe it but Norm, her husband, gave a wonderful life story. He was so animated and told so many fun stories. If you didn't know Cathi before the funeral you would have afterwards. Janet Bosley related some thought of friends including my own which I will share here:

"What I remember of Cathi Aubuchon was that she was very organized, kind, hard working, artistically talented. She painted the most beautiful toile painting on wood. When she had mini RS classes with painting she would be so patient with us all but if we wanted something just right she would put her fine finishing touches on it.
She loved to laugh. She could make us all laugh with her funny thoughts. One time when the "Older Sisters" (gosh we were only in our 30's) were playing softball we won the stake tournament. Not only did we win but we were good sports and Cathi called us the" Pretty Relaxed Funny Old Lady Team". That is why we won every time!
Cathi was always there to help when we had some event where we needed some good cooking.
I was her Visiting Teacher for some time and I always enjoyed visiting in her home. I was always welcome and I remember sharing many spiritual times during those visits..

But, my sweetest memory with Cathi will be from Sunday August 10th just a few weeks ago. If you want to share any of this tear jerker OK... It is posted in a previous blog post.

Many sweet memories were also shared. I played prelude and postlude and a special number, "How Great Thou Art." I almost lost it when I played "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I could actually feel her spirit in the room and a spiritual hug. Thanks Cathi, Our Heavenly Father loves you and we will miss you and your laughter and sweet spirit.

But, what was really wonderful about the whole morning was to be able to see and visit briefly with "Old" friends!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I remember when I was in elementry school we took a a field trip and walked down to see their "underground" house!!

music lady said...

That was also talked about by several people especially Ken Hardison who used to live with his backyard touching theirs and do you remember they had a garden on top? I forgot that but Ken reminded us.