
Have I Done Any Good in the World today? Have I helped anyone in need ? Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad? Has anyone’s burden been lighter today because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed my help was I there?
Doing good is a pleasure a joy beyond measure, a Blessing of duty and Love.
We sang this hymn today in choir practice to prepare for next week. I really felt impressed to have this Hymn ready for next week's special number..
After taking care of my sweet little pregnant daughter by fixing dinner this afternoon, I felt really impressed to visit my friend Cathi in hospice today. It was hard! Death is hard! What to say is hard. As I came into the hospice patient wing I noticed my friend had been moved. The nurse asked who I wanted to see and she said maybe today wouldn’t be good, but let me ask. The nurse came out and said of all people she wants to see me.
So I went in and there she lay very pale with almost no hair and what hair she had was pure white. But her smile was there. I sat in a chair and we talked. We talked about the old times,
After contacts were made she relaxed and we talked some more…two old women on the bed… I didn’t fit too well… a pair of pj’s would have been better. She had on this pretty pink night gown that actually looked rather comfortable….
Finally her husband came and then the friend and his wife came and she was given a very sweet and powerful blessing of peace……
She could go fast or still linger awhile, but she kept talking about people on the other side and also all those loved ones she worries about that she will leave behind.
It turns out this friend had been a former bishop and works in the temple. The couples had even taken a trip to China together. He was so gracious, loving and patient in having the husband anoint my friend with the oil. And then the sealing and the blessing was very powerful and there was a feeling of peace in her room.
I am so glad to have had this opportunity today.
I love my Heavenly Father and the Savior and I am so glad I have the gift of the Holy Ghost to prompt me to do something good.
Love, Eva
just another thought....
Outside of Cathi's window she had asked her friends and family to hang a bird feeder and she said it brought part of the outside world into her room and then I said it brings back the feeling that Heavenly Father loves us. As I think back to our conversation now I think it was about at this time when we we talking about the birds and Heavenly Father's love that we started to talk a little more serious and the subject of blessings came about and then Priesthood blessings....
Oh God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.





4 comments:
You have done ALOT of good in the world today, and everyday!!
Thanks for the misty eyes! So glad you are so close to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. You are one very special woman and I am glad that I know you and get to share your youngest daughter. She has a super mom who taught her to be a super mom. Thanks again.
That is a beautiful post and I am so glad I was able to read about your experience! You are such a sweet lady!! Love you!
Thank you for sharing! What a sweet service.
Post a Comment