Story one
Last week in a 2nd grade music class we were singing and playing "A Sailor Went to Sea, Sea, Sea" playing Triangles to the words "sea, sea sea," Woodblocks and Claves to "chop, chop, chop," Hand Drums to "knee, knee, knee," and Maracas to "shoo bop shoo bop." When we finished playing the instruments my question to the children was....
What instrument family do all these instruments belong to? The first one to raise their hand to answer said in a rather firm and loud voice, "The Persecution Family!"

Story two
Years ago I was teaching a kindergarten class songs about going to the zoo. I had a picture and in the picture was a zebra. I little child said, "I know the difference between a girl and a boy zebra." Not thinking I asked how? but at that very moment I was afraid of what the answer might be and how am I going to handle some subject rather left alone at school.
So the child continued, "Well, the boys are black with white stripes and the girls are white with black stripes."
Whew, saved by a child!
Story three
A few years ago it was the first day for a particular kindergarten class. The children were so responsive to the singing and following actions that I had planned for them. As it was time to leave I said, "Now, when we line up to go back to our regular class there is a certain way that we have to line up, so follow me." As I was walking to the door I could here the children following but as I looked to the door I saw their teacher absolutely cracking up with laughter. I gave her a questioning look and she said turn around and look. So I turned around, and as most of you know I walk with a heavy limp and there right behind me were all the kindergarten children, without making fun, were seriously limping into a line.




2 comments:
Kids are funny!!
I am so sorry, but my fav is the last story! Had me laughing pretty hard there for a minute!
Post a Comment