Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So it is back to School !

So it is back to school for me and soon all the kids. On Monday Jon and Amy, a violin student of mine, came to my school and helped me put up bulletin boards and fix up my room. Amy also came Tuesday all afternoon. We found that I had lots of thick dust and dead bugs under my instruments and Amy helped fix the broken instruments. Also we had 40 sets of drum sticks missing from my room. Crazy huh! Summer Activity program will replace them! Whew!
What does someone want with 80 drum sticks?????? The Fun Slap Stick was still in the tupperware container, figure that?!?!?
Today I sat for 7 hours listening to and sometimes participating with 1-3 grade levels writing projects and grade level curriculum planning. I really could have spent that time doing other music things in my classroom, but the time today accumulates for extra monies, so that is OK.
Thursday I'll stay home and have the mechanic look at my car, but Friday is the official day back and it will be filled again with meetings, as well as Monday and Tuesday, meetings meetings, meetings and a sore behind from all the sitting!

These are so cute!
So here is the point of this post, I am so glad the Olympics are starting
08-08-08 because I will use the Olympic and all the good things that go with it as a theme for my music classroom. (At least the 1st Quarter) The kids will come into my room on their first day, which are actually the first three days of School -the 6th,7th & 8th. The classes come every three days to music, or PE or Art/Computer. The it is done again.
I plan on having the students walk into the music room to the Olympic theme Music from Arnoud that is playing hoefully on the blog, and then after that theme some John Williams Olympic music....
We willl have some introductions, talk about rules, play a name game where we introduce ourself and do a fun music moving activity to the Olympic theme music.
For the next two months I will teach music lessons and Music activities incorporating the Olympics. I am also lucky I worked out many of these lessons back in 2002 when we had the Olympics in Utah. For my Master's degree project I worked on a whole Olympics and Music notebook. I had so much information and activities that it filled a 1 1/2 inch folder.
So from time to time I may write about some of the activities we are doing in class because isn't the title of my blog "thoughts from the "Musiclady".....well, maybe not lesson plans but fun things we have done. I am plannin gon a good year no matter what!
I forgot my camera, so later I will post the buletin boards Jon and Amy worked on. I really appreciate their help! Jon could reach all that high stuff and he ran so willingly across the hall to get the printed papers from the Printer in the Library that we sent to be printed from the computer in my room. So that is it for today. I hope the opening ceremonies will be fantastic. I will have my VHS recording the whole thing!!! I don't have the fancy smancy DVD stuff yet. (Crazy thing that same night our ward is having an adult activity!)
Aren't these girls adorable!!!! This one is for Debbie and her China "Doll"
Till next time...


3 comments:

Leslie said...

I think the best thing about the olympics is the music !!

Leslie said...

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds.php?cat=52

Here are some cute music backgrounds..it tells you exactly how to put them on your page...check it out.

Jeremy said...

Well I had watched some us olympic trials a few weeks ago and had no clue when they were going to start. but now thanks to reading your blog if I understtod correctly, they begin on August 8th??? Thanks for the informative details!!!!