Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Sweet Mama

Today on July 24, 1916 my sweet mama was born in Erfurt, Germany to Alfred and Elsa Ludwig, (more details in history)
Mama was born on July 24th which is also a celebration of the "Mormon Pioneer Saints" into the Salt Lake Valley. Mom always wanted me to know this.
I love my Mom and I miss her very much but know that she has gone ahead to a better place in this plan of salvation. Having passed away March 10, 2005.
Mom was a very faithful, devoted, hard working, intelligent and loving woman. She had integrity and honesty in all her life. She loved Dad with all her heart and loved our Heavenly Father and the Lord very much. She sacrificed so much for her little family and made sure all was well in the home. She never let me know that we were "poor" as the world sees it for we were as rich as the kings and queens and we were always able to endure anything with a smile and faith in a greater being than us all.
Mom's loved the scriptures and she was always saying these.... "Trust in the Lord" and "This too shall pass!"
Instead of writing a whole lot on this post, I think I will just share with you her life in pictures, so sit back and enjoy.....
On the front row in the middle of this Sunday School picture is my uncle Alex who is sitting on the lap of the missionary and right behind him is my mama at 3 years old.
Mom as a little "Doll" in a church play Mom in the 6th grade
Mom in the 8th grade (notice they are all girls except a teacher)Charlotte Mom liked to be in pictures and she looked like a model!
Charlotte and Klara (her sister)
ModelingThe model, her escorts and her protective brother Alex This picture was taken about the time Mom met Dad
(I couldn't download the other picture with him, sorry) Drama Night at church, Oma is the 2nd from the right
A little blurry ....Oma is the 2nd from the left
A special program about genealogy
the words translated: Book of Remembrance
Oma 2nd from left. the man sitting I think is Opa Ludwig
Mom and her "Gleaners" YW
New Year Eve Party... can you find Oma and Opa?
Mom and Dad
Mom and Dad with Oma and Opa Haase
I think this is my Mom and Oma Heinze & ? man Friend?
in preparation in getting papers and legal matters to immigrate to America I think this is a picture in NYC October 30,1953 with my parents' friend
Notice I am trying to blow a bubble with bubble gum, it was something "new"
In front of the "Old" Chapel on 1st Avenue here in Mesa
with the Dieter family who immigrated before us.
He worked with Dad in the Branch in Germany.On the "Outlook" Going to Canyon Lake"
We look like tourists!This is the typical smile I remember my mom having.
Dec 1964
the following are ramdom pictures
They just radiated their love for each other!
I am glad they could be sealed for eternity! 4 generation picture
Eva, Leslie with Layna and Charlotte
Oma at Jane's Home (This was closer to the end of her earthly Chapter of life)
I LOVE YOU MOM!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love looking at all these photos, over and over again. Although its good to know what what some of them are.

I think she was a great model.

scrappiemom said...

Thank you for sharing your mother with all of us. I know how much you miss her because I know how much I miss mine. A great treasury of pictures and a wonderful legacy.

Chelley said...

That was lovely! She was such a sweet lady and someone for the grandkids to always respect and look up to!