But today I got a really special surprise from a very sweet, shy, quiet 4th grade girl. She come into my classroom this morning with a big white gift bag topped with white tissue paper. With an very excited and anxious look softly said, "Open it!"
I took of the top layers of white tissue paper and found laying on a bed of more white tissue paper, a pretty good sized angel. The angel was holding a mandolin. I carefully lifted it out of the bag and said how beautiul it was. The little girl got close to my ear and whispered, "Read what it says on the wings."
So I with a slow deliberate voice I read the inscription...
"To the world you may be one person.""To one person you may be the world."
And on her little homemade card it said I was the best Music Teacher ever!
Oh, how I am blessed! One never knows who we touch. Every person is someone special!
Yes I want this school year to end for a little while, but I am thankful to be a teacher!




3 comments:
That is very sweet and I am glad you were thought of this week. You deserve it!!
I didn't even know it was Teacher Appreciation Week...
What a sweet thing!! All the kids that you have ever taught have been blessed to have such an awesome music teacher! I wish my kids could experience "Ms. Hooper" the music lady. :) BTW Happy Mother's Day!!
Eva! that is just one of the tender mercies, that Elder Bednar spoke on conference a few years a go. It's the Lord's way of maken us see what we normaly don't see.
hugs
Post a Comment