And the best part was to get to know the kids better because they live so far away from Mesa. I was there while Eric was in surgery. I really do not like waiting for a loved one to go through surgery... the unknown is hard to handle and I was glad I was there with Becky. I know she would have rather had her mom their, but her mam passed away earlier this year and so that was impossible.
Eric came out of surgery and was immediately in miserable pain.. It was hard to watch him in agony and I prayed he would get better fast and that the surgery would actually help his spine problems. He doesn't even remember that I was there after surgery but I was. Seeing that I was absolutely not of any help I left and spend the next days with the kids and had a lot of fun times.
I am adding a few pictures to help visualize the week.
Playing games with Sophie and Jesse
When Eric got home they tried to buy a recliner from Walmart but it was uncomfortable to sit down with the way his back surgery had gone that he was miserable. Kirk had already scoped out recliners at a hospital supply house and insisted that they get this chair with the financial help of Humatech... Dave and Eric and Kirk... this chair is Sweet!!! remote all over from sitting reclining and almost standing the person using it to be able to stand up.... It was really expensive but so well worth it. Kirk brought it over and put it the big parts together to make it work.
Eric trying to be brave and put on a smile....
Later that week like I think Friday my duties were pretty much over and I wanted to go on a ride and explore and see if I could drive throughout the city and not get lost, so I went off for a 4 hour adventure... First stop was Grandma's music store which was filled with so many kinds of instruments. If I was still teaching I know where I would go to get some fun instruments... I loved their African drum section. But I wanted to go see Music mart again so I headed there along regular streets and the freeway short cuts. I crossed over the river and actually went past the race car and old car museum.
Music Mart... didn't buy much at all.... In a way it was hard to look at all the fun new school music stuff ...
I decided to head up the other side of the valley and go to the tram.. It is such a beautiful spot and actually very peaceful in the patio area. I had someone who couldn't even speak English take my picture.... lol.
Leslie coming in on a plane to help me drive home.... Yes I am a chicken driver on the mountain highway.
Yes Leslie was here on a rescue mission.. I didn't mention that Kirk flew to Mes to drive me up to Albuquerque in the first place, but he got so busy with something at work that he did not have the time to drive me back home.... Thank goodness for Good Kids.......

Leslie had a bit of a visit with Eric and his family
![]() |
| Add caption |
Looks relaxing,but he was in a LOT of PAIN!
Silly picture of us driving home ... Nice, pretty driver don't know about the passenger......
we listened to a lot of "One Direction" music..lol!
On the Road Again!.......





















No comments:
Post a Comment