Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day and my little helpers

Luke loved the flag.

Look at the scrubby bush to close to the garage door.

Well it is President's Day and I got a little help in my yard with weeds and mowing from my home teacher and two of his girls and then my grandsons Luke and Landon were here. Luke was such a cute helper! Then there was Landon...Wait Landon is NOT little !!!!! He is a rather TALL dude for a 13 year old. We had a lot of fun and we also worked hard. I used the shovel to dig up weeds and Luke would pick them up and put them in a small bucket and then transfer them into the green barrel. Landon was pulling weeds and spraying weed killer down. After the biggest job was done I asked Landon if he could over sometime soon and cut the big bush by the drive way down about half the size because it is so unattractive. Well he said, "Let's do it now". So as he was thinning the job kept getting bigger and dusty. He finally sprayed the bush with water and it was much more manageable. With my suggestion we got carried away and hacked alot of the bush down except for the three main stems, but I feel if the bush survives this severe pruning I think it will look pretty again. It is amazing how twisted and gnarly the three main stems are. After all was done it looked so clean in the front yard. I will have to buy more weed killer though to finish the job on the main side of the house and then some for the back yard which we will tackle another day.


Our Ward Scout Troop post American flags every holiday for $35 in our front yards.




Landon smashing down bush in garbage can. King of the Hill!

No comments: