Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bubble

Do you ever feel like you had a heavenly bubble around you to protect you from something? Well today I really felt as if I did. I don’t know how to express the feeling I had, but I will try to explain…..

I was on my way to a District Music Meeting to be held at Playa del Ray elementary school. Usually I give myself plenty of time to drive to my meetings by the surface streets like Elliot or Guadalupe just for the scenery and knowing many times the freeway is just too busy, but I was running a little so I decided to take the 60 to Mesa Drive and then head south to Guadalupe and make the connection into the neighborhood and I would have been on time.

The traffic was smooth and moving along at a fairly descent pace. Everything looked good! I did see a freeway sign saying there was a wreck at Stapley in the HOA lane. As I came over the hill after the Val Vista exit, traffic was getting thicker and I had the distinct impression to get off at Gilbert. I followed the prompting and low and behold as I was on the exit ramp and crossing over the freeway, it looked like a parking lot on the freeway on the other side of Gilbert Rd. Boy, I felt thankful that I felt that prompting to leave the freeway. Everyone was following the traffic laws heading south on Gilbert Road. As I crossed over the freeway and onto that next little intersection (the entrance to Leslie and Jeremy’s first apartment) I was distracted a bit and noticed piles of debris on the medium, kind of as if someone had just dumped their garbage out right there. Disturbed, but knowing I couldn’t do anything about it, I was moving forward only to suddenly see the car in front of me jerk and slam on his brakes and of course I had to slam on mine too so I wouldn’t run into him. The car in front of me stopped short of the car in front of him and I stopped with a bit of room to spare behind him. But then I looked in my rearview mirror and the car behind was having a hard time stopping, but he was stopped but then I heard crunch, crunch, crunch and I saw cars piling into each other and the car behind me inching forward, so I let off my brake so I could go forward a few inches… mind you just a few inches. I was prepared for a “Big Crunch”. I sort of just said to myself, “I stopped but if it is going to happen what can I do now? Then everything stopped. Just like in a big dream or a movie set. Everyone was jumping out of their cars, but I just sat there. I had a tremendous ache in my chest, still don’t know if it was my heart or my esophagus with acid reflux, but it hurt. I was shaking, but believe me…. I was calm and at peace at the same time! The older gentleman in front of me jumped out to see if I was OK. The car in front of him was just inches in front of him. He said, they stalled just in front of him and he said they were the ones who dumped all that stuff on the medium out of their car! He said thanks for not hitting him and then informed me his wife had just called 911. We couldn’t move there was not room to budge. He asked if I was OK. All I just said was that I was really scared and my chest hurt, but I don’t think I got hit. He looked and he said the car behind me was about 6 inches from mine. but it looks like I’m OK. The three cars behind me were not so lucky.
The young black man behind me was amazing! He ran over after calling someone on the phone and said, “Yes! I didn’t hit you!” I shook his hand and I thanked him for his braking and saving my car. Of course he was no so lucky, but he seemed like he could handle it. The lady behind him who I think was probably Ok, but she was out of her car shaking and waving what looked like to me registration and insurance papers, and then in the next car were two trendy looking young women. If this all makes sense I am glad you understand.
The ironic thing was, two police cars where there so quickly, and then what seemed to be just rather fishy or rude is that the car in the front, the one that cause this whole mess got his car started and drove away!
The man in the car in front of me gave the officer his name and phone number and in turn gave the officer a description of the car that was stalled and the license plate # car that his wife had written down and then he was released to go. Since it looked as if everyone could drive their cars, the officers asked the rest of us to all drive to intersection and turn left onto the side street so they could talk to us. I was given a paper to fill out, but was in the end told that since I actually did not really “see” who actually plowed into whom, and that I just “heard” the crunches, I was not a valid witness. He then ripped up the paper that I was filling out and I was then free to leave.
Cautiously I drove off and went to my meeting 40 minutes late.
Do I still feel as if I had a bubble around me! YES!


OK, so I should just let this all go and think no more of it…. I cannot!
I feel I had heavenly intervention today and have been given a reminder that my Heavenly Father loves me and he has things for me to do. I have been a bit down for the last few days, just a little depressed over some feelings, just some bits and pieces, but this was a reminder to keep going, Cheer up! Because in the whole picture of life, all is well. There will be bumps and trials but all in all it is a good journey!

1 comment:

Jason M said...

Thanks for sharing, Eva!