I enjoyed helping with Leslie's Ward Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet
I loaned hats, maracas, guiros and poster board flags from around the world
I made for school musicals years ago.... plus
I arranged Mariachi music and played it with Bryan, Jon, Robert and Landon.
It was fun!
She really had such a spiritual glow about her.
At the grave site of "little" Brigham Justin Greer an almost 3 week old infant who fought a brave battle to live here on this earth, but his call was to go back into the presence of Our Father in Heaven. His parents had so much faith through out the whole thing and kept a public blog. I am sure that Brigham's story may have had some powerful missionary and faith experiences for those who followed this sweet story. He sure did touch my soul!
This is Kenyon, what a fun experience!Giving my first "real piano" lessons to someone outside of my family.
I always knew I could teach beginning Piano not just strings.

Here is the Cuckoo! Actually he is a little cuckoo! lol!
The kindergarten classes were doing actions to the Music from Camille Saint Sains' Carnival of the Animals "Cuckoo". There was a forest of trees (KIDS) and every time the kids (cuckoos behind the trees) heard the sound of the clarinet playing "Cuckoo" they would peek from behind their tree .... it was so cute!
The "Frozen Pond" I saw the day of Brigham's funeral.It was one of those super freeze days in January 2011! ooooohh,,, brrrr
it was down to lower than 20 degrees and my trees have suffered from it this year.
The story of the Kudu
Abiyoyo story from South Africa

The Story of Ayelivi ...
who is lost in the jungle and trusts the animals to find her way back home.
The Stage set created and done by members of the 5th and 6th grade General Music classes.I realize when I start adding all these pictures that I have been super busy.
Life is good and I do "Find Joy in the Journey"!
Even though there were fun times these past two months, there were sad and hard times, like when the Greer baby passed away and when Nick Parker was hit by a truck when he was driving to school on his motorized scooter. He was hurt pretty bad and had to be hospitalized. I am sure faith and prayer and Priesthood blessings where there to help all those who needed it.
That is What I Like About our Church...
We believe that the Priesthood has been restored and that every worthy male who holds the Melchizedek Priesthood has the right and privilege to give blessings in behalf of us when we have the faith, and the desire and need of a Priesthood blessing.
In the middle of January I could hardly walk. It was painful just to get up and walk the shortest distance, but I would put on a fake smile and went to work and just kept on going with the thought in my mind that surely "I can do hard things." But as the pain progressed my students noticed and I was sometimes asked by the sweet kids at school if I was OK? What can they do to help. I said a prayer for strength to just keep going and when I came home one Wednesday evening there was an email from my home teacher asking how I was doing and if he could do anything for me?
OK folks, was the spirit whispering to him? Yes I say!
So I asked him if he wouldn't mind to giving me a Priesthood blessing. So he and his young home teaching companion, who is now a new elder getting ready to go on a mission, came and gave me a blessing. The pain did not disappear, the problem is not gone, but it subsided enough so that I could function with greater ease.
I can bear the pain and I can keep going .
This reminds me of what Elder Dallin H. Oaks said in a talk in October 2006,
"Healing blessings come in many ways,
each suited to our individual needs,
as known to Him who loves us best.
Sometimes a 'healing' cures our illness or lifts our burden.
But sometimes we are 'healed' by being given strength or understanding
or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us. "
I am not sharing this to boast or say that I am so spiritual, but I know that we are all loved by our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ and that we should not hesitate when we need help. A lot of times I do hesitate, because I don't want to bother someone else with my problems and pains, but I feel that we are all blessed when we properly use the healing powers of the Priesthood. I am thankful for the worthy Priesthood holders that are in my life. I know I could have called my family members too, but for this time my home teacher was in tune with the spirit and came to my aid.
OK..... Now onward, press onward on this journey of life.
















2 comments:
This is a really nice post. Thanks for sharing! I esp like the story abt your home teacher, thankfully you have a good one who listens to the spirit!
Thank you again for all your help and with the blue and gold. You always go the extra mile. But you do have to let others go the extra mile to help you too and I am glad that you allow them to follow their promptings. Glad you have a great home teacher!!
We will have to come squeeze lemons sime time soon. My lemon juice is running out!
Post a Comment