Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas 2010 Programs

my version of the
"Jingle Bell Jukebox"
I think this picture is cute!

Starting out the Month on the 3rd by skipping school and going to a strings concert at Superstition Springs Mall outdoor theater with Red Mountain Elementary Band and Strings playing their Christmas Concert. Landon and Layna were there. Conner was sick that day. It was a nice beginning for the Christmas Season! I did go to their concert the night before. The next Tuesday was Kaitlyn's Shepherd Concert and Jon's was the next Thursday.
Watching my grandkids playing their instruments is such a treat!


The Smile says it all! Jon got his violin back after 9 months...Dec 11th

My School Christmas Concert, complete with acting and singing of the "Jingle Bell Jukebox"
Frosty and Santa...two cute 6th grade boys loved acting the part.
Leslie made the snowman suit and helped with the other outfits too.
The Grinch (5th grader) and Cindi Lou the little girl in Whooville (4th grader)
....she sang really well!
Those two girls in the background (who had some speaking parts) deserve a round of applause for coming to my rescue the day before the program in preparing props and some signs that I desperately needed help in preparing. Calm and collected they just pitched in and helped out!


Didn't get pictures of the rest of this month.
I did a big Power Point Presentation of 18 Christmas songs for our SSE school annual Sing Along. I was having problems with my computer and my power point player, thankfully Bryan came to my rescue by bringing over a small laptop, thanks for the kids for letting me have it for a day so they couldn't play games...and he helped me prepare everything on the laptop, including itunes that I have never used before. I had things going smoothly and set up Friday morning at school and then the projector at first wouldn't read the laptop but with some quick maneuvering of Bryan over the phone and my computer lab techie we got it to work without a hitch. This year Bryan will teach me how to put the pictures and music together so all I have to do is hit the button and it will automatically play the whole program. Won't that be more fun! Thanks Bryan for your help!

On the night of the December 3rd Jon, Bryan, Gerry, two friends of Jon's and I played at a Alta Vista Stake Older Singles Christmas Dinner and made a big hit. Big enough to have both Bishops come and ask us to play in their wards. So on December 12 we played "O Holy Night" in Bryan and Jon's ward, today December 19th. Jon, Bryan and even Kaitlyn and I played in my ward with the addition of people from my ward and on the 26th we will play "O Holy Night" again in Gerry's and the Smith's Ward.
One day we will not need someone outside the family to play ... we will have enough string players in our family. We do need to find a piano player!
Today December 19th was my ward's (Boulder Creek) Christmas program and it went very well. So many people gave us compliments that I hope I can convey that message to all who participated. People from outside the ward wanted copies of music but of course I can only give them copies of what is copyright free. I hope they understand.

Frosty Stomping his Boots.... He sure had a fun time.
He is one of our Special Boys! He is always so positive and a joy to have in Chorus and also in music class. He was so proud to be doing this and I was so proud of him too! His parents and family were so proud too for him being able to accomplish this acting and looking so good.
Thanks Leslie for sewing the costume. People asked where I bought the costume!

I am thankful for the Christmas Season. The Season to remember the birth and the life of our Savior. I am thankful that I can share my musical talents with others and that I can still do this .


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am glad the costume turned out. I was afraid it was looking like a big white gingerbread man!!

I hope the rest of your December continues to be lots of fun!! I need to get my blog updated. I am so behind!!

Chelley said...

During the whole post I was thinking how cool that snowman costume was! Love it!

We definitely need a piano player, but I don't know how to get our hands on one so we may have to wait till one of our kids can marry one. haha!

Your programs are amazing and we are so lucky to have you to put them all together! I am glad that it was able to come together this year and hopefully next year will be a little less stressfull for you.