Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Music Activity

This is what it looked like before we turned off the regular lights.

Doing the musical pumpkin passing activity to the Addams Family Music

Well this week has been fun at school. We played Boomwhackers to a fun Halloween song and then we put black lights into the middle of the room and put down orange cups that glowed an eery glow and passed out little orange jack-o-lantern pumpkins that happened to glow. Each child in the classes tried their "hand" at a passing game to the “Addams Family theme song…. Can you hear it .....

Pick up and pass, "click, click," pick up and pass "click, click", pick up and pass, pick up and pass, pick up and pass "click, click." (I changed the clicks to claps, it was easier!) Then I had them dance their pumpkins in front of them until we had to pass again. Kindergarten and 1st graders could not do the passing part of the game, so they just danced their cups in front of them and then I had each child in turn come up and look at what their clothes looked like in a black light. They thought that was cool …. or maybe you should call it hot!



So I am a Strange Music Teacher ... but we sure had fun!

2 comments:

Chelley said...

You are not a strange music teacher at all! You are one of the coolest, most creative and fun music teachers ever! I would have loved having a teacher 1/4 and terrific as you when I was a kid. That school is so lucky, they have no idea!

Julie said...

You are amazing, and it sure looks fun! :)