Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cute Bugs, Ants and Broken Scroll

It was quite the busy eventful day.
I had to rearrange my schedule at SSE so that I could be at the BUGZ Musical at Augusta Ranch with the 2, 1st grade classes I teach there. My two classes were more well behaved than the other classes at that school. Even at the assembly today it was noisy and it seemed nobody did anything to stop the talking both in the audience and on the risers.


Lady Bugs
see those noisy one aren't mine
Oops how did this get next picture get in here in?????
well...... after the 6:30 concert I realized I had a voice mail that I needed to listen to from Michelle because Jon had texted me to check my voice mail. It turns out Michelle was picking up Jon after his first day back after having knee surgery. Jon had put the violin down by the car. Michelle thought Jon had the violin and Jon thought Michelle had put it in the car. Well, to make a long story short, the violin got ran over by the Suburban. Michelle called and left a rather sad message on my cell phone but I did not get it until 7:30, but I felt so bad for Michelle and that she was so upset. I was glad it wasn't a kid that got hurt and at first that is what I thought.
I broke the violin worse years ago, so I think it can be fixed and I hope so in a timely manner... I will make phone calls tomorrow.
This violin has character!!!!!
Cheer up every one, life is too short.
Gees it still is a good looking violin!


2 comments:

Chelley said...

I like your lady bugs! And the whole violin thing is really hard for me because of how much Jon loves it and how much he needs that in his life right now. I am soo glad it is not as bad as it could have been! Thanks for being so understanding about it all!

music lady said...

Update: The violin is fixable... Andrew the violin repairman said "everything is fixable." It will take a bit of money and hopefully covered by insurance and it will take quite a bit of time, maybe 6 months, which is not what we bargained for, but we want it done right and professionally so it feels like new. There has to be a new neck carved to precision and the scroll has to be fixed and strengthened and then grafted together and then reset onto the violin body. It takes a craftsman to do that kind of work. Another thing, each layer of varnish needs time to dry properly.
Yes, this violin has a history and we can learn a lot from it's character and strength as it has been able to withstand the obstacles of life and still come out singing beautifully....