Friday, March 5, 2010

MEMORIES Guess... what, where, when

OK, so I found these pictures that some of my family may recognize... please leave a comment if you remember this place and a memory you have from there... I have lots.... look at one picture at a time and let me know when you figured it out.....
have fun!

















So as I understand it isn't there anymore and just a memory unless you took pictures. They took it down to make room for more modern stuff. Many a general Authority stayed there during General Conference Weekend. In fact it was next to impossible to get a room during that time.
I went there many times and got a bargain price because of a sweet friend Eileen Boyle who lives in Centerville, Utah, but when she lived in Mesa I was her Counselor in RS. It was with Eileen and Pat Porter that we put on the most fantastic Luau in or backyard.
I went to the INN as I wound up the week at quite a few years of BYU Church Music Conferences and would go to the Temple on Saturday and spend time with her and her family on Sunday and then head home. (via airplane)
Stayed there with Leslie more than once, and one time Debi Curtis joined us after the girls were at BYU for EFY and I was up there for a parent conference for the week.
One time with Bryan, Michelle and Jonathan after the funeral of Michelle's biological father in Utah.
Remembered many a horse and carriage ride, those were the days...
Ok don't be bashful, make a comment!


Carriage rides were the best!
I stayed there!! little Jon


Before Demolition...
Start taking it down at the top...


SO SAD!! Oh, just to be Modern!
Crossroads Mall came down too!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I knew what it was after the second picture...I didn't realize they tore it down..how sad!!

Lot's of great memories from those trips!! I would like to take my family up there one of these days. To bad we can't stay there anymore!!

Chelley said...

I knew they tore it down and it is so dissappointing! I loved when we stayed there. I totally remember that room and thinking it was so beautiful! That next day we spent on temple square and we were trying to get into the Joseph Smith Memorial building and it was all locked up. We went around to the south entrance and all the doors were locked but we could see that people were in the lobby. We looked through the windows and saw the new First Presidency giving the press conference announcing who was the new prophet and counselors. It was President Hinkley, Monson and Faust I believe. It was such an amazing thing to see all 3 men sitting 20 feet in front of us!

I absolutely loved the carriage ride. So did Jonathan, he had the biggest smile and red, frozen cheeks! So much fun!