The first pictures show the students and teachers coming down the middle of the Multipurpose room carrying flags of nations, streamers, pom poms, children dressed in sports attire and their other interests marching to an Olympic March. After their entrance, there was the one sweet young lady dressed in her soccer outfit who came down the center isle with a torch I created out of a flashlight and tissue paper and then we had the lighting of the Olympic Cauldron.
"The Olympic Cauldron" was definitely a hit. (underneath were two stacked kitchen stools and top was a round clothes basket. Inside the basket I had Christmas lights and sitting on top of a can inside of the Christmas lights was a big electric Halloween Cauldron. All of this was covered with a silver solar camping blanket which was tucked and taped appropriately to look like a big Cauldron. Around the top of the Cauldron inside the basket I tucked red cellophane to resemble flames.) As the girl raised her torch as if to light the cauldron, back stage a switch was flicked on and the cauldron came alive. The audience even cheered! lol! I thought that was cool... the applause!.
The kids sang these songs, "Light the Torch," "Let the Games Begin", "Winter Games," "Big Dreams," "You Can Help" (a song about helping others not just here at home but around the world especially during disasters of diverse kinds).
"Dream with Me" and "See Us Shine" were songs from the 2002 Utah Schools Olympic Programs and then they sang "Friends Forever" Six of these songs were Music k8 songs that are always powerful, sweet, fun and also very dynamic with full orchestration. For the last three songs I used the pictures of the kids in their athletic activities and playing and being friends. I created a power point that went with the words of the songs .
I wish I had a movie! I asked a few people to copy their movies for me, but as usual that probably won't happen so this will have to be just a wonderful memory. I even have about 25 pictures didn't turn out because I gave the camera to a young boy to take pictures but he was moving took much so too many of the pictures were blurry.
I was rather pleased how fun it was to create this program and it came together with lots of fun and powerful moving music. People still are coming up to and sending me emails saying how wonderful it was. I think this is one I will have a hard time topping.




1 comment:
You are so creative!! Congrats on a cool program!
Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment