I woke up extremely tired today and really just wanted to stay in the comfort of my bed.
I then remembered the opening words of the first grades' song ...
"I woke up in the morning and I jumped out of bed,
"I rolled my shoulders and I rolled my head,
I had to move my feet.... I had to move my feet..."
yep...right to the bathroom...Got ready for school and still felt so tired. I got to school in time to do chorus but I was still tired. Before the the first class came in I said to myself JUST SMILE!!!!!! Be Kind! AND SMILE! Things will get better today.
I then taught 6 classes and went out to lunch for a breakfast jack at Jack in the Box, something that is not heavy or full of sugar. I started to wake up by then. The staging and equipment wasn't in the right places, the Power Point wasn't working on the school equipment, as usual, But I SMILED! and said this is OK!!!
The rehearsal was great. The performance was great too. The kids were cute playing their instruments and singing . The kids just followed some sign language for It's a Wonderful World which actually looked very professional.
I went home and got my PC where I had the original power point. Got to school hooked it up but realized that I need my mouse to make it work. OOps it was close to 6 by now and Brother Barton was there on the first row and said he'd run home and get his (He has a PC too)
I'm still Smiling! We can always do the sign language thing. He got back it was working like a charm by 6:15.
Janelle Sommers was helping me today. She is a teaching assistant and very fun to have in class. She has always been fun to work with and she helps with the special needs kids.
The Program "Making Music in Our School" went on without a hitch!!! It was great!

Just remember if you smile everything will work out Alright! OK!
The program was similar to Landon's 3rd grade program but I used some easier music and the instrumental part were easier. The kids played Maracas, Cowbells, Claves, Tambourines, Boomwhackers, Hand Drums and Kazoos and did a lot of hand motions.
Now next week I'm doing doing a 2nd grade play that I wanted to Name "Oriental Express" but since "I am not politically correct" according to two picky teachers, the title has been changed to and "An Asian Journey" that just doesn't have the pizazz does it. Oh well, We will play more complicated music, do movement and dance and tell a story on stage, all with the Asian flare of China, Japan and Korea. This one is harder because we are using so many props and instruments. And then in 3 weeks on the 15 of May the Chorus is doing their program called, "My Planet, Your Planet" all about looking out for our environment.
Like I said two down and two to go.
SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:
Post a Comment