Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Letter from Nathan, yeah for scouting!

Email from Nathan June 8, 2011
Dear Grandma,
In Cub Scouts I build a tool box.
Matt first measured the wood and we drilled
a hole right where he put a dot. Matt cut the wood
when I wasn't there. We put glue on the ends and
we were done gluing we used a nail gun.
Matt is my Scout Teacher. Last we just had a party.
I brought chips and soda and we ate salad, chips,
and pizza hut.
Afterwards we played foot ball.  Next week is day camp.
At day camp we throw balloon at people, we shoot bb-guns,
archery and swim.
Cub Scouts is fun, I like to be a Cub Scout.
Love, Nathan Smith
Here is the tool box...WOW!
Nathan the Bear Scout! HANDSOME DUDE..Huh!
Nathan and his Pinewood derby car
I am so glad Nathan loves cub scouts!
Scouting is so important in the lives of my grandsons. We have one Eagle scout now and two other scouters. We should have 11 Eagle scouters in this family.
One scout is at Scout camp as I write this entry.
I am Grateful that Leslie loves scouting and is active
in the leadership role she plays too.
Also I am glad that my other adult children
lead and support their scout sons and nephews!
Leslie at Pinewood Derby
Nathan and his grandma!!!! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Nathan got a big smile on his face when he read this. And he said to say Thank You!!

Landon is on track to get his Eagle by the time he is 14. His scout master said that 12 & 13 they are really into boy scoutting, and then when they turn 14, 15 that is the magical age they start "girl scouting". Anyway, I thought that was funny.

Thanks for posting this, we are working hard to get Nathan his Bear Award!!