Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Sunset ...




Learning to catch bugs on the farm. (not me of course)
He liked to wear his glasses on his head...lol!


So, here I am Friday night preparing music for a funeral tomorrow for a funeral for a young girl in our ward, Kelsey Preston who passed away this Monday morning probably from complications from her Diabetes and that is already pretty sad.
Then taking a break I go back to AOL to check my emails and there is an announcement that my favorite non-music College Professor, Larry McBiles who hooded me with my Master's degree passed away and his funeral is this next Tuesday morning. What a way to start Spring Break!
He was a real pleasure to learn from. He made classes exciting and he treated me with respect and never acted like he was better than everyone. He just knew his stuff and he shared so much! He gave us so much insight into bringing up the teacher quality. He lead us in teaching of life, for instance I took the Copper Class from him for a week and I learned so much. I went to classes where we went to farms and dairies, learned about Bees and electricity which gave me many ways of connecting teaching to real life.
Then I took the master's classes which he made us all real up to a better and higher learning style than we ever have before. I am glad that I knew him!

Two team mates working on the Copper Connection Projects. The beginning of working together for our Master's Degrees. We had a lot of fun learning ..
The young and the old made a good team!
The "monster truck" we stood by at the copper mine!

I am thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that we believe that there is a life hereafter and I know Our Heavenly Father loves us and he knows better than us all. He has a master plan and we need to have faith in him. I cannot believe I cried over this, but he was an awesome person!

On a side note ♪.... He loved music and he loved MusicK8 songs about education.."Never Stop Learning" it became his theme song.


Here I am sharing the email I got.......

It is with profound sorrow that the Center for Teacher Success announces the passing of our friend and colleague, Dr. Larry McBiles. He passed away on Sunday, March 6th at the age of 54 after suffering a brief illness. Larry led the Center for Teacher Success as President and Chief Learning Officer.
Arrangements have been made for Larry’s memorial service and we wanted to share details with you as soon as possible. The McBiles family invites you to attend his memorial service Tuesday, March 15th at 10 AM at St. Francis Xavier on North Central Avenue in Phoenix. We encourage you to invite others in the education community to attend his service.
The Center has received calls from friends and colleagues reaching back 20+ years. Connections run deep; the sheer number of people who know and love Larry is astounding. Their stories of Larry’s leadership, his humor, compassion and wisdom reflect the magnitude of his influence in our community and across Arizona.
An obituary will run this weekend in the Arizona Republic. The Tucson and Flagstaff newspapers will also post Larry’s obituary on Sunday.





No comments: