Friday, January 2, 2009

It is a New Year

(Eric and Eva and if you look closer a few grandkids in the perimeters at the MesaTemple Lights.)

Even though I thought I posted my last post after midnight of 2009 it still registered as 2008 so here is my official first post of this year.

It is January 2, 2009 and I thought I would share just a few thoughts for the new year.....
I wonder what will lie ahead this year?
Last year I had moments of real anxiety and hardships and despite all of the unfortunate things bearing on my soul, I did find happiness and joy and peace.
I look over all the things that have happened in my life and all I can say is that I am happy to be ALIVE! I know that my Redeemer lives and that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. Yes, He loves Me! Insignificant me! This has been proven to me time and time again and I cannot deny it! And though I am so tenderhearted today, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am a Child of God and He loves me. Believe it or not, he loves me too! I hope and pray that I can live up to the measure of what I need to do to stay close to Him and live with him someday.

I am thankful for a Family. ALL OF THEM! A Family that is not perfect but who are striving to live good lives in spite of their imperfections. I know, because I know that I am not by any means perfect!
I am thankful for a job that I actually love... I love to teach and I love music, how can I go wrong with that combination?
I am thankful for the church and for all the truths I know because of it. I just need to strive to do my best to be better.
I am thankful for a living Prophet and his guidance
I am thankful for a kind bishop and hometeacher
I am thankful that I can share my talents with others and that I can lift others to be able to love the work of the Lord as much as I do.
I am thankful for dear friends who sometimes just share a bit of heaven with me.
I love the tender moments when things are just right and I can feel that peace from up above.
Sometimes I get so sad and lonely for something I cannot have in this life, so I try to strive to do the best I can in this life to be happy no matter what the circumstances are. And when I am not happy I will seek help to get that way again. I'm trying to set new goals to strive forward, to change the circumstances that I can and when I cannot, then I need to live with an attitude of happiness and peace for I know God lives and He always watches over us and when we ask for His help, He is there one way or another to give us peace in our hearts..
Over this past holiday I have been compiling a musical for the 1st grade classes at school called "All About Weather", (Well maybe I'll need to come up with a better title than that!!! of course ideas are welcome by anyone who is not afraid to share comment on my blog, but who reads my blog anyway!). Some of my favorite songs are "Zippadee Doo Dah," "I’m Singing in the Rain," and "Sing a Rainbow." It is just too bad that I cannot include some Primary songs that I think would be so wonderful like, “I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me" or “Skies Are Fair Above Us” for they all talk about weather and our Heavenly Father. Often times after a storm in our lives there is a beautiful colorful rainbow and rays of sunshine that come from the sky that are provided by our Heavenly Father who reminds us of all the good things to hope for and so we know that there should be "sunshine in our soul." He Loves us!

So many times this year I have wanted to jump up and share my testimony at church only to just stay seated in my choir seat. Maybe I just need to share. We will see…
Have a GOOD Year! So..... 2009 Here We Come!
As always, thoughts from the Musiclady.....................
(I think I need to practice and play my violin more! ...... just to keep that ol' arthritis in my creeky finger in check! Like my Mom always said, "Keep those fingers moving!")

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I read your blog but don't have any idea's!!

music lady said...

Thanks for reading and commenting

Jonathan said...

Hey Grandma! That was a nice post. Keep your fingers moving!

Anonymous said...

I see Sammy! I see me!