"This too shall pass" Oma always said to me and I know we will "grow from these experiences," although they my be unpleasant and sometimes so hard that we feel we cannot make it. This is the time when we need to "Trust in the Lord", obey the commandments and continue with a faith in Christ doing everything in our power to get through the mess we are in and then we will rise.
A talk was given a few Sundays ago about the "refiners fire." Silver gets refined or purified at the hottest point in the refiner's fire. This is when the silver takes on that brilliant shine and we can see our greatest reflection. None of us want to go through that refiner's fire, but if we endure we will come out a much better person. Again we just have that faith that all will be well.
The little things I am grateful for in my life is my family. My children all are precious to me. Each has their own divine calling, talents and personality. That is what makes our family unique. I love all my grandchildren. I love their hugs and sweet things they say and do for me that show their love. They are not angels at all times but each of them brings joy into my life.
I'm thankful I am back at work and I love teaching music to those 900 kids. I love doing the choir at church and bringing to our church meetings a sweet spirit that music can bring. It is said that "music can bring us closer to God and prepare us to feast on his word."
Especially at this Spring time, I am grateful for this beautiful world. When my first graders sing "It's a Wonderful World"and we prepare for the Easter Season, I am forever grateful that I have been given an eternal perspective of the divinity of this earth and the plan of salvation.
I hope we can always keep an eternal perspective as we travel through this life ... A road that has many bumps, hills and valleys, curves and inclines that sometimes are so steep that we think we may just fall off the road, but when we get to the most scary part we realize the road just continues on.
Life is.....
Music lady




1 comment:
I wish I could write like this...I am so glad that you got your job back and I hope it all goes the way you want.
Life does go on and we can't always choose the bumps placed before us, but I do think we can choose the path we take. It seems as if I have chosen the wrong path a time or two or three but as long as we have that eternal prospective that seems to make me feel comforted inside.
You are a wonderful mom and I am truley Thankful for all that you do for me and my family!! I don't know what I would do without you.
Post a Comment